61 Questions for Self-discovery

12:16 PM

I’ve been seeing a lot of these question-and-answer posts from the blogs that I followed so I thought I would try answering the questions too. I found this HERE and there are actually 100 questions but I narrowed it down to 61 since I honestly can’t answer the other items. Well, in relation to psychology, answering these type of questions will able you to know more about yourself. It’s actually knowing yourself by asking your own self, a form of Introspection.


These are the questions that I've selected:

What is the best compliment you’ve ever received? A friend of mine told me once that I am a beautiful person.

If a mysterious benefactor wrote you a check for $5000 and said, “Help me solve a problem – any problem!” …what would you do with him/her? I have a problem too, because I don’t trust strangers. If possible I’ll make a background check first but then, I don’t think I would agree with the deal, it’s really hard for me to trust people.

What’s going to be carved on your (hypothetical) tombstone? R.I.P. You are loved and will be remembered always.

What’s one dream that you’ve tucked away for the moment? How come? I really want to start a cupcake business but I prioritized my job hunting at the moment.

What are you starving for? Blueberry cheesecake.

If you could have a tea with one fictional character, who would it be? I’d love to have a tea with Harry Potter or Prince Maxon of the Selection Series.

Do you have a morning ritual? None.

Do you believe in magic? When have you felt it? I’m really a fan of fantasy stories even when I was a kid, so I guessed that influenced me to believe that there’s really magic.

Have you ever fantasized about changing your first name? To what? Yes. I think Erin or Alexandrei would be a cool name.

If you could sit down with your 15 year old self, what would you tell her? Live your life and be spontaneous.

What are you bored of? The fact that I don’t have anything fun to do at home.

What’s the best birthday cake you ever ate? The one I personally made.

Do you think love is chemical, intellectual, spiritual or completely undefinable? I think Love is a combination of all.

Have you ever dreamed of starting a business? Yes, it’s either a cupcake or a shirt printing business.

Are you afraid of flying in airplanes? No, because I love the fact that I can see the world from a top view.

What’s your most urgent priority for the rest of the year? Look for a new job.

Have you ever been genuinely afraid of your physical safety? Always. I’ll admit I am a paranoid.

Has a teacher ever changed your life? All my teachers changed my life because every one of them imparted new information on my brain which made me view the world differently every time.

Are there any household chores you secretly enjoy? Cooking because I love eating.

What does fear feel like in your body? Fear speeds up my heart beat.

Do you think you’re currently operating at 100% capacity? At the moment, I don’t think so, because I haven’t done anything productive lately aside from doing my daily chores and my school works.

What do you value most: free time, recognition or money? I value free time the most because with that time you can make money and gain recognition.

Would you like to write a book? Yes. I have dreamt of being a writer when I was younger and if given the chance to write my own book I think it would be about Life Tips, dos and donts…something like that.

If you could choose your own life obstacles, would you keep the ones you have? Yes. I would be glad to have the same obstacles.

Have you ever screamed at someone? I’ve always screamed at my siblings because I hate their mess. They always leave their things anywhere in the house and I’m always the one who brought them to their proper places.

Do you think there’s going to be an anti-technology whiplash in our lifetime? Hmmm, it’s hard to say but technology advances so fast that it affects our way of living both positively and negatively. There could be a chance. I don’t know.

When and where do you get your best ideas? When I’m surfing the net I always find something awesome, something that would make me think or inspire me and I think that is where and when I get my best ideas.

What’s in your fridge right now? Ice cream and some minced veggies.

Can you tell when someone is lying? I can see it in their eyes and their gestures.

Can you tell when someone is telling the truth? It’s on their overt behavior.

Have you ever pushed your body further than you dreamed possible? Not yet.

Are you living your Life Purpose or still searching for it? I’m still searching for it.

Have you ever had to make a public apology? Not yet and I hope it won’t happen.

How do you celebrate your victories? Eating out with my family, thanking God for His blessings and by being kind to people around me.

Would you consider yourself an introvert, extrovert or ambivert? Currently I am an ambivert but most of the time I prefer being at home than socializing with other people, that makes me an introvert.

Do you think everyone has the capacity to be a Leader? I don’t think so. If you are not a good follower I don’t think you can be a good leader.

Is War a necessary Evil? No.

Are you a starter, a finisher or an implementer? I think I am an implementer. If ever I start a project I see to it that I would finish it on time. And not just finish but be able to implement or use the project that I made.

Have you ever unplugged from the internet for more than a week? Yes. When I went to my dad’s hometown. There’s no internet connection so I haven’t used the internet for 10 days.

Do you think we should live like we’re dying? Yes, so that we could enjoy and treasure every single chance that god gave us.

Do you have any habits or quirks you wish you could erase? Yes.

Would you rather be a lonely genius or a sociable idiot? I would rather be a sociable idiot because socializing and interacting with other people is a necessity. I would rather be an idiot who knows how to communicate and interact with other people than a genius who doesn’t mingle with others.

What’s your very first job? I worked as a Psychometrician.

What brings you sheer delight? Being with my whole family.

Are you highly useful in a crisis? YES.

Do you like to be saved or being the one who do the saving? I’d prefer to be the saver.

If you were heading out on a road trip this minute what would you pack? A pair of clean clothes, towel, first aids, phone and charger, money, IDs, snacks, my headphones, a book and my camera.

 Do you have irrational fears? Yes.

If you were to die 3 hours from now, what would you regret? Having no time to say goodbye to my sibs because they’re at work and at school.

 Have you ever set two friends up on a date? Not yet.

Have you ever questioned your faith? No.

Have you ever had a psychic reading? Not yet but I really wanted to.

Have you ever actually kept a New Year’s resolution? Honestly, I haven’t but I always tried.

Have you ever met someone who was genuinely evil? Everyone has a good heart.

Do you secretly miss Polaroid cameras? Don't own one but definitely miss it.

What’s in your purse right now? Some bills and coins, IDs and fast food receipts.

What makes you so special? I am special because I am a unique creation of God.

Ever fantasized being in a Rock band? What would your group be called? Yes. Haven’t thought of a name yet.

Have you ever stolen anything? I am guilty of stealing coins when I was a kid.

Have you ever won an award? Academic Excellence and special awards at school.

How long can you comfortably go without checking your emails or texts? A day.


I’m sorry if you find my answers gibberish, it’s really hard to answer all the questions. But this is a good way to test your inner self. I spent a day trying to answer some of the difficult questions but it would be great if you can answer them right away.

Try this out too to discover more about yourselves. Choose a question from above and share your thoughts with me (leave your answers on my comment box please). I’m happy to know more about you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi! I'd be glad to help you out, just leave me a message below!

Like us on Facebook