Towards Zero Waste

7:10 PM

Since I have been spending more time at home, I used that to try and learn new things. As you can see I've watch movies, read books, went back to my hobbies and tried simple and fun recipes to cover those extra hours. But aside from that, the last few months also opened my eyes to a new advocacy. 

I have shared before that since I was a kid I always stood by "fairness and equality" and that is how my sibs knew me. I never like situations wherein I sense discrimination and unfair judgment. And just because I have more time alone away from stress, I have discovered my new advocacy in life.

I wanted to make my own little steps to be part of the Zero Waste campaigns as a way to save our Mother Earth. As a young adult, I have seen how our environment had changed, badly. In a sense that our nature was destroyed in order to welcome new developments that we humans think is needed in order to live a better life. Yes, these developments gave a comfortable life but in the long run our children (my children to be) and grandchildren will suffer. 

Luckily, the PH government decided to shutdown tourist activities on the popular beach of the Philippines, Boracay to clean and organize the sewage system around the island. Because the beach is getting worst due to the indifference of the people inhabiting and making business on the island and the tourists using the place without respect to the environment. That is a sample how our nature deteriorates because of developments. I certainly hope Boracay would be able to recover back it's breath-taking beauty, the way I saw it when I was a child. 

So, to make my steps towards helping and being part of this advocacy to zero waste, as a start I promised myself to bring my weapons with me whenever we go out to eat. Me and my friends love eating on fast food chains and food parks wherein they usually use plastic or styro packaging for food. And after eating, the plastics and styros that we used usually go and adds up to the pile of waste that our city has. Imagine how many times you go out with your friends and enjoy your drinks within plastic or paper cups. Imagine how many times you ate delivered lunch with your workmates and the  paper boxes, plastic spoons and forks or styros are immediately thrown out to the garbage. If you combine them together I am sure that you can put up a big pile of trash in front of you.

Since this can be an impending problem for all of us, a problem that cannot be solved if only a few people will work let us do our share. Like what Victor Frankl once stated, "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves." Let us start the solution within ourselves, within our home and from there share it to your community. 



From now own I will always use and bring my own set of spoon and fork. I'll refuse to use plastic spoon and fork whenever I eat or buy food outside. I'll bring with me also my own tumbler and refrain from buying bottled drinks.  I know it is just a simple act. Yes it is. But this is a good start right?



Aside from that, I will also join the upcoming Zero Waste + Sustainable Fair happening this July 21-22, 2018, the first ever THE GOOD TRADE in Manila. This will take place at Central Square, Bonifacio Global City from 10:00am to 10:00pm, free registration. 



The Good Trade is where you can see and buy #Allthegoodstuff from zero waste tools, ethical fashion, vegan skin care, locally sourced food to refillable stations. But not only that! They also have an interactive photo booth, talks and demos, and repair and donation stations for your old stuff. So it's a place to be!

The people behind The Good Trade believes that we can live a life that's good and does good! They made it their mission to gather brands with the same philosophy so that consumers can make ethical and zero waste purchases without fuss. 

By joining the fair, you'll be part of a community of passionate individuals and brands that create positive social impact. The Good Trade seek to connect, inspire and empower consumers to live a lifestyle with simplicity and honesty at its core. By sharing in The Good Trade philanthropy also means to pay it forward in our community and the world

I hope you guys can join us too and help spread this advocacy towards zero waste. Some of the brands that you can expect at The Good Trade are as follows:

Humble Market
Pinkies Farm
ANTHILL Fabric Gallery
Candid Clothing
Cupping Initiative 
Sip PH
Organic Alley
Zero Basics
P.S. Crafts with Soul
Vitrum Upcycled Bottles and Crafts






And a whole lot more! So reserve that dates, July 21-22 and see you at Central Square, BGC. Who knows by joining the fair you will also realized that you need to start the change within you to help save our Mother Earth. 



For more details you can visit the page of The Good Trade below.


Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thegoodtrade.ph/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thegoodtrade.ph

If you are a business you can also join this fair. Check out The Good Trade's FB page for more info.






**Resharing this post from misselayneousthings.blogspot.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi! I'd be glad to help you out, just leave me a message below!

Like us on Facebook