Processing your CAV from CHED

11:42 AM

Hello there readers!

How's your week?

I just wanted to share to those who are already processing their requirements for the Board Licensure Exam for Psychologists and Psychometricians 2015 that these days would be the perfect time to get your Certificate of Authentication and Verification (CAV) from the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). I've processed my CAV within 5 hours only unlike on peak seasons were you have to wait for a month for CHED to release your CAV. I went to CHED at around 10 am and I've got the certificate by 3 pm and I only paid 40 pesos. The certificate is valid for 1 year so you don't have to worry about validity issues with the PRC. So, what are you waiting for?

The Certificate of Authentication and Verification is a requirement in case your school does not issue Special Order number which should be indicated on your diploma. You can request for a CAV through your school. In my case, I've paid more or less 470 pesos for the Request letter which also includes a true copy of my TOR, picture and documentary stamp. All of which should be included on the envelop to be assessed by CHED. The processing time for the request letter from my school took me a month. And for CHED, it could be a day or a 30-day process also.  So, you have to do this really ahead of time.

Remember, early birds catches the worm. Good luck!

Miss Layne

You Might Also Like


  1. May i know when this article was posted?

    1. Hi Sandy! I posted this update last Nov. 30 2014..

  2. Hi! I don't know if my first comment came through or if it was subjected to moderation but I will post this second one to be sure. Hope you don't find it annoying.

    I have a question about this CAV. You said that my school can process the CAV for me. Does this mean that I don't have to go to CHED and that my school can process it for me if I pay the necessary fees?

    Thank you for any info you can share!

    1. Hi karen! It actually depends on your school. Most private colleges offers that service for their graduates but not all schools does this. So, to be sure you can inquire on your university/school registrar.

  3. Hi I am also from PUP, I want to know if the process to get the request letter is different from the process of getting the TOR. Or if I will request for the letter, does it automatically entails the request for the copy of TOR, since you mentioned that they will be enclosed in an envelope? Actually, I already received my copy of TOR for board exams earlier this year but I was not aware of the CAV requirement, my bad. So I am having this little problem here. Anyway, do you know if they can rush the process for request letter? Thanks so much!

  4. This comment has been removed by the author.



Hi! I'd be glad to help you out, just leave me a message below!

Like us on Facebook