Study Plan for Psychometrician Board Exam

8:13 PM


As you can see it is only over a hundred days before the board exam. Have you started your review? 

Warning: This post is dedicated for psychology graduates who are into self-study or self-review. 


Okay, I am not decided yet if I will be pursuing the board exams this 2018. Because as I have mentioned on my previous blogs, I have tried to review for the Psychometrician Board Exam last 2014, I think, but I decided not to pursue it since my work went in the way. Now, since I took a break from work, I decided to focus on my master's degree. So I guessed, I could make use of my time to review as well and try the boards this time. But to lessen expenses, I still want to try and review it myself. 

So to kick off my "self-review" (if would be really taking the exams, ugh I can't decide), I made up my STUDY PLAN. Yes, you have to plan for it. If you want to pass give your best effort dapat. A Study Plan is like any other plans. You have to pinpoint what is your goal or objective and then list down the steps you have to take in order to meet your goals. Like a game plan. 

Since we have limited time, exactly 123 days to go before the 29th of October you have to be strict with your study plan. Keep in mind that if you procrastinate, time will run out. You also have to keep in mind the 4 subjects you need to review and re-read. It's only 4 but it's quite a lot if you are working and you have limited time. 

Sample Study Plan for BLEPP


Let's say we only have 100 days to go. I'd like to think that way so the extra days will be spent to relax and not over think when BLEPP is near. You have to budget or divide the 100 days into 4 subjects if you want to finish it on-time. So, that would be 25 days per subject. 

25 days should be spent to review each of the 4 subjects

Now, choose which subject comes first and the rest will follow. In my case, I chose to review Industrial Psychology first because it is what I do at work as an HR (I can relate to it), followed by Theories of Personality, Abnormal Psychology and Psychological Assessment. 

1st: 25 days for IOP
2nd: 25 days for TOP
3rd: 25 days for Ab Psych
4th: 25 days for Psych Assessment

If you want to spend more days to read each subject you can try this way. 100 days is about 3 months. Divide it in half. You can spend 1.5 months per subject, two subjects per day. 

First set
1.5 months:
AM: Theories of Personality
PM: Abnormal Psychology

Second Set
1.5 months:
AM: Psychological Assessment
PM: Industrial Psychology

It's definitely up to you! Then after finalizing the span of your review per subject, you now have to schedule you readings. Not every one can spend the whole day reviewing. So for those with limited time this step is very important. You really have to follow and manage your time to make sure everything is according to your plan. In my case, I do not think about the time per se but the amount of readings I need to finish per day or per hour. 


Day 1
AM:
Must finish first 3 chapters of IOP
PM:
Must finish first 3 chapters of TOP
Evening/Before sleeping:
Self-test

Because if you based it on a time frame it will be difficult since after work there are still things to do before you can finally sit and review. Pero kung may oras ka naman, a time frame is also ideal. 

After setting your schedule, next is to plan the rewards after each little goal is achieved. Yes, you can reward your self. It will add more fun to your review, you can use it as a motivation and it is a good break after all the readings you need to accomplish. Little things will do. You can reward your self with pieces of sweets or even watching the latest video of your favorite vlogger. Just be creative!

Lastly, include in your study plan the materials you are going to read and use. Plan and research books that are rich in content. Be resourceful, you don't always have to buy. I can give you free e-books too, just click on Materials on the tabs above. Or you can borrow from your psych friends. Using reading aids like highlighters, sticky notes, whiteboards, manila papers, index cards and colored pens are also a good way to keep your eyes open while reading so make sure to have them at the ready too!

I hope my sample study plan gave you an idea on how to make your own. Planning your study is better than just reading without any goal in mind. If you have other study plans you can share it below and let others know. Good luck to your review loves!



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm finally done with Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Consumed less than 25 days for IOP but (I'm crossing my fingers) I just believed I touched all important topics. Planning to buy a practice test reviewer soon to test my review. Can you recommend one?

    Moving my review to Theories of Personality. How about you?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd be glad to help you out, just leave me a message below!

Like us on Facebook