A break from being Unemployed

3:12 PM

"Bes, sana hindi umulan mamaya."
"Oo nga bes, ang hirap na namang umuwi."
"Sinabi mo pa! Pagod ka na nga sa pag o-OT, pagod ka pa din sa byahe pauwi..."



Working nowadays is really a struggle. There's traffic, pollution, work issues plus the weather. But what's more difficult is being UNEMPLOYED. Yes! I emphasized that a bit because I am one. I really envy those who are working out their minds to submit reports and outcomes to their bosses. I missed those days. Huhu!

I am currently on my second month of being unemployed. Consuming my time surfing the net and scrolling over IG and Fb feeds. Yeah, I know. I am doing nonsense things the past 2 months. But this is what I asked for when I was one of the workforce. I worked 12-15 hours a day. Tiring myself out to live up to the expectations of my boss and what is expected of me based on my JD. I was so stressed out that I have pushed myself to the limits to the point that my health suffered. So I wished that I could spend more time at home doing nothing. And here I am. 

Getting bored each day because I could not do anything (except the fact that I am of course limited because I am sick and need to recover). 

I think you can definitely label me as a "tambay," someone who does nonsense things and loiters around. Am I correct? OMG! Baka mahuli din ako... 

So, I got worried and tried my best to make my free time worthy. 

I know how hard it is to be unemployed. I know you have done your part: help in the household chores, look for a job, attend interviews but so far none of them worked out? Mag-review ka na lang muna tlaga bes. 

Or join me, instead of stressing your self out! I searched the net about time worthy activities that I should be focusing my self. I've read articles and blogs and watched YouTube videos. What caught my interest is to focus on SELF-CARE.

Yes! Self-care. The part I have neglected for the past 3 years since I dedicated most of my time to work. According to Wikipedia, self-care is defined as:

any necessary human regulatory function which is under individual control, deliberate and self-initiated.
Moreover, PsychCentral stated that self-care is:

any activity that we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health. Although it’s a simple concept in theory, it’s something we very often overlook. Good self-care is key to improved mood and reduced anxiety. It’s also key to a good relationship with oneself and others. 
And just as after I read some articles on self-care here, I realized I neglected my self too. So, it's time! Since I am not that busy and most of the time I am not working on any project I might as well focus on taking care of my self. I did more readings until I stumbled upon this YouTube channel. 



It is owned by Lavendaire, she published several videos about self-care. After watching some of her videos I was so inspired and I thought I might focus on the things she said. Her videos are so relaxing and they have calming effect. Her topics goes around self love topics, positive habits, inspirations, journaling to ways on changing your life for the better. 

So if you are stressed out about being unemployed, about not earning a job, about not getting any motivation to continue your review or you seemed to be loosing interest on just about anything, give her channel a try. Watch her videos. Who knows this will be a good break from being unemployed. Maximize your time at home by doing self-care tips and routines.


PS. Found the motivation to change a few things here on my blog after watching her clips. Finally I have changed my template and removed unnecessary items on my sidebar. Hope to hear from you guys!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi! I'd be glad to help you out, just leave me a message below!

Like us on Facebook