Change The Way I See Friendship

12:09 AM

Hey guys! I've been out of the blogging world for a long time. I missed so many things going on through the blogging world. Lucky, I had time to open my personal email tonight and had this urge to share what happened lately.

The past 15 months I was preoccupied with my job as an HR Assistant and just two months ago I was chosen to be the HR Manager of our Head Office. Good thing as you may thought but not for me. As the saying goes "with great power comes great responsibility," so, I was really reluctant to accept the position. I'm a self-confessed over-thinker and I am not yet fully developed to handle such position.

I was about to give up then but with the help of my new found friends I was able to take on the responsibility.

I never thought that with just a short period of time we would be able to built a friendship that could conquer the rants of our boss, the complaints of employees and the compenben issues we faced right now (of course not only about work).


Since I became the head of our Human resource department, I became acquainted with the two HR Assistants assigned to the main office. They were my counterparts since I was previously assigned as an HR Assistant on our Bulacan branch. Then, I hired two new assistants to help us.

So, I had 4 assistants to work with me. Anna, the fighter in the group was the first one I got close with because we worked together in recruitment. Deah, the jolly girl in the group had the same vision as mine for our department. Came JV, the vocal one, energetic and sociable and Reina, the mature one we can depend on.

These 4 girls who wants to change the way our employees see the HR department made me #changethewayIsee friendship. Why? Because, I never thought we can be comfortable and attuned to one another in just a short period of time. We've been together for exactly 2 months today.

We have different personalities but we can jive to just about anything. May it be about work, people-watching, food and boys. We came from different lifestyles and from different ages but we couldn't see any barriers. It's as if we've been together for years - known each other for a long time. I help them, they help me. We exchanged thoughts and ideas, shared stories and worked together as a team.

As an HR, I have to be dedicated with my work and spending more than 12 hours a day at the office prevented me from seeing my old friends. But these girls made me feel like home, I'm not comparing them with my old set of friends, but life is about making contact - building relationships. And right now, they have grown to be part of me. A piece of motivation for me to work harder, change for the better and lead them to be better individuals.

I am very thankful for them. We have different strengths and weaknesses but we can mix them up and be stronger. I hope the friendship we started to build will be stronger. Because they are the people who made me laugh a little louder, smile a little wider and live life a lot better. Friendship is not about time, not about age, not about physical and material things, it about how you made one another a better individuals.

We can do this together!


PS. Sorry this is not a reviewer post. Haven't pursued my review yet. Couldn't find time honestly. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi! I'd be glad to help you out, just leave me a message below!

Like us on Facebook